Amwell Valley Hounds - Opening Day

Amwell Valley Hounds - Opening Day
Link to Pleasant Meadow Farm Website

Saturday, June 19, 2010

So many updates... where to begin?

How to summarize the end of my first season? This has been the best year EVER! I’ve been exceptionally blessed throughout my life, and joining the AVH has definitely been the pinnacle thus far. My mare ended the season like a pro, and we both found our “happy place” in the field.

I’ve made lifelong friends and have very much enjoyed the social side of foxhunting. I missed everyone once we were shut down due to bad weather. Although, we didn’t have to work hard to come up with excuses to get together. Sometimes for a group trail ride, sometimes for wine tasting at the vineyard in the Amwell Valley, sometimes a potluck dinner at my place just so we could spend time together.

Not only did I develop close relationships to my fellow hunt members, but I also developed relationships with a few on-line mentors through the Chronicle of the Horse forum. Since I started a “thread” about my new adventures, I’ve made friends from hunts all over the U.S. The dearest of which is Robin Hirst. Twice this year, I've driven down to Virginia to visit Robin, her family and all of her furry four legged creatures. I’m so grateful for the friendship we’ve developed over this past year. Robin and her son Mason, drove up from Virginia last week to spend the weekend with me (along with their horses) so they could participate in the Amwell Valley Hunter Pace. What a blast we had. Robin and Mason received a fourth place in the Family division and Holly and I a 6th place in the Hunt division (we were too busy chatting the entire ride)!

Recently appointed to the Board of Trustees, and I look forward to assisting my hunt in whatever capacity I can. This year has truly made me believer in the saying “You can accomplish anything you set your mind to”. I can’t wait for the upcoming season to begin. Roading is just around the corner and I can not wait.

Now - to find a way to start a livery service so those like me can get a feel for what foxhunting in the Amwell Valley is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment