Amwell Valley Hounds - Opening Day

Amwell Valley Hounds - Opening Day
Link to Pleasant Meadow Farm Website

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well that was interesting!

I thought today would be even better than the last couple of outings... Oh, was I wrong. Perhaps it was the barrage of gunfire that had my mare a bit "UP", but she wasn't quite as steady on her feet as she's been. So, I decided to back out early. All in all, it was a great day (any day out with the AVH is a great day) and I'm glad I went. I wish I had time this morning to prepare a dish for the pot luck, but getting the barn done at 6:00, church at 8:00, and leave the farm at 9:00, didn't leave time for much else.

I must admit, I completely forgot to turn on my mapping application - so no google map this outing. Didn't forget the helmet cam though!

Packing tonight (including saddle, cubbing jacket and field boots, along with t-shirts and shorts) and heading to sunny Florida tomorrow. I'm planning on going out with the Misty Morning Hounds on Wednesday morning, and the South Creek Foxhounds the same afternoon. I'm sure I'll suffer later in the day, but a couple of Margarita’s and a good book and hopefully I'll be ready to spend the following day volunteering at the Little Everglades CDE just a short drive from Orlando. I won't forget to pack my full length gown for the black tie affair on Friday night, as it's a mystery whether or not there will be bruising to hide from Wednesday!

I'll keep you posted. If I remember all my gear, I'll download video/map from FLA!

January 24, 2010 - AVH at Unionville Vineyard from Joanne Pelosi on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment